If you are planning to buy a new upholstered furniture, it can be costly.
Do you own a sofa, chair or some other type of furniture, which has upholstery, and it is in a good condition, but needs some cleaning. Then, these upholstery-cleaning tips will help you to save your money and lots of time roaming for new furniture.
Mostly people will clean an existing piece of furniture and be very amazed at how incredible it looks. Considering that people and sometimes pets sit on furniture, it is no wonder it gets dirty.
Even old furniture can benefit from a good cleaning.
The solution for upholstered furniture is using the appropriate and best cleaning method for it.
For instance, if you have a vintage chair that is hand embroidered then it would require a totally different cleaning technique than a sofa cleaning agent bought from a local supermarket.
In this blog, we will go through various upholstery basic stain removal tips to make the job easy and valuable.
Getting the upholstery stain out
Managing a clean home is a part of maintaining a happy home where everyone love living. Talking about furniture, upholstery is just one aspect but an important one.
Just rethink people who all have eaten food sitting on the sofa and dropping bits of food or drink that brings stains. Then other possible way is the dirty feet, dirty cloths, and just regular wear and tear that can leave upholstery looking dirty. As in few time you are about to discover, getting those stains out, is very easy.
The most important thing is to make sure you select the cleaning method according to the fabric. If you are unaware about it, check the manufacturer’s information. Before you start cleaning the stain, our experts recommend you to try it on a corner part of a rug, just to ensure that no discoloration is done.
With that done, the following are a few of the more common stains found on upholstery and methods for removing them.
Cheese is one of the food, which is very usually found spilled on the upholstery. Again, things like nachos a favorite snack food but they leave stains.
- Take one cup of warm water and add one teaspoon of mild, ph-balanced detergent.
- Grab a clean white towel and blot the cheese stains.
- Then add one tablespoon of regular ammonia with one-half cup of water, again blotting the stain
- Lastly, to remove detergent or ammonia, blot the stain with a clean water.
- Leave the area for some time to dry.
Returning home from school or work, if you sat down with a pen in your pocket and before you know it, a stain is left. Ballpoints pens, especially the blue one, are common stain makers but as you will discover with this upholstery cleaning tips, they too come out.
The solution is to be patient and persistent, as ink stain can be stubborn. However, make sure you only blot. Rubbing can make worse condition.
You can use multiple options such as:
- Spray hairspray on a clean white towel and then dab at the stain, followed by blotting with a clean dry towel.
- Grab isopropyl-rubbing alcohol with a towel. Again, blot the ink stain, followed by a dry towel.
- Again, with a clean towel, apply acetone (nail polish remover). Blot the ink stain from the outside edges towards the center.
- Using a clean towel apply spirits of turpentine, blotting as with the other treatment options.
- Commercial products that work well on ink stains include carbona or Alfa. Use clean towel to dab the affected area.
To know more important facts about upholstery check out previous blogs why should you prefer professional upholstery cleaning.
Are you in search of professional upholstery cleaner? Then you are at the right place. Call All Pro Carpet & Tile Care and talk with our experts, they can guide you with the beneficial tips and help you with upholstery cleaning services. We provide commercial as well as residential professional upholstery cleaning in Bakersfield and nearby areas. We also provide a wide range of cleaning services like pet odor removal, Tile and grout cleaning, carpet cleaning, rug cleaning and power washing.
Call us 661-747-4441 and make an appointment.