Everyone loves to decorate their house by covering floors with beautiful carpets and rugs but stains on it can ruin its look. Carpet can get dirty through food stain, coffee stain, dust and many more. Cleaning carpet is a backbreaking task and over that, it becomes more difficult when you have to remove oil stains from carpet. We have some methods lined up for you to clean your carpets. There is no need of extraordinary things to execute this job. These tasks can be executed using daily life household things.
Method 1: Using Baking Soda or Corn Starch
- First of all you need to apply baking soda or corn starch on the stained area thoroughly. These two reagents are great absorbents; they have the ability of absorbing the liquid oil from the carpet without staining it more or affecting the carpet. Don’t rub to harshly, scrub it firmly so it penetrates into the carpet fibers. You can use a utility brush for large oil stains, and an old toothbrush for small stains.
- Apply proper amount of baking soda or corn starch on the carpet let it settle on the stain for few minutes. Approx. 15-20 minutes, using a vacuum cleaner on it clean the carpet. The vacuum cleaner will suck the entire residue from the carpet.
- Add one-fourth teaspoon of dishwashing liquid to one quart of warm water. Make sure the dishwashing liquid is a lanoline or bleach free. Apply this water and dishwashing liquid to the stain directly. Blot the stain area of the carpet until the oil stain is no longer visible.
Method 2: Employing Rubbing Alcohol
- You might be shocked and thinking how alcohol and carpet cleaning relates? Don’t get confused, this is ethanol based liquid and also called as isopropyl alcohol (Rubbing alcohol). Yes, alcohol helps in removing carpet stains. Apply small amount of rubbing alcohol on a clean cloth or paper towel. Use this cloth or paper towel on the stain by rubbing it for a while and you can see the magic. However, you need to be careful, as it is highly inflammable so do not keep any fire objects near it.
- Rub alcohol on the affected area. Keep on rubbing until the stain removed. Repeat this process until the stain gets removed. After finishing this, wash the affected area on the carpet.
Method 3: Using Dry Cleaning Solvent
Carpet stains can removed using dry cleaning solvent. But you need to test it before applying on the carpet. First try on the carpet somewhere in the corner, so you can do a pre-test to check, if it leaves any mark or not. After the test done, then put the solvent on the carpet stained area. Let the solvent settle on the stain leave it for few minutes, and then rub it with a wet cloth on the area.
If your carpet is affected with more stains, repeats the procedure again to remove the rest of the stains.
The advantages of using these reagents are as follows-
- They are environment friendly.
- They will not harm your body either.
- They are available easily in every shop.
If this method does not work and you are still wondering how to get oil stains out of carpet, then you can call professional carpet cleaning at All pro carpet care. We provide a wide range of carpet cleaning services in Bakersfield and nearby areas.
Call us 661-747-4441 and get your free quote.